IF YOU SAY “FOR OBESITY SURGERY EARLY BUT SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE”, STOMACH BALLOON MAY BE FOR YOU…”
Gastric balloon is a medical device used in the temporary treatment of obesity, made of silicone that is placed into the stomach endoscopically, that is, by mouth. The gastric balloon, which can stay in the stomach for 6 months, aims to create a feeling of being full earlier and easier with less food. It increases compliance by providing satisfaction with diet portions in patients who are below the bar of obesity surgery and cannot adapt to diet, it helps to change nutritional habits by providing an average of 20-25 weight loss in patients who are afraid of surgery or whose surgery is at high risk.
The balloon is passed through the esophagus through the mouth with the help of endoscopy and placed into the stomach under endoscopic supervision. The procedure is completely bloodless and is performed under a light anaesthetic. The process takes an average of 10-15 minutes. in progress.
Who, Why and When Is It Applied?
The balloon is used in the temporary treatment of obesity. It provides great benefit to the patient in terms of significantly reducing the risks of other diseases related to obesity (such as Type II diabetes, vascular diseases, joint diseases..). It helps to lose weight and maintain the lost weight.
• Before the obesity surgery, weakening the patients who will undergo surgery before the surgery helps to reduce the surgical risks.
• After the balloon is removed, it should be ensured that the weight loss of the obese person continues with a diet program.
• The balloon should not remain in the stomach for more than six months.
• At the end of the required time, the balloon is removed from the stomach endoscopically.
• This method allows the obese person to lose 20-25% of weight within six months. At least 2-3 kilos can be lost per month and 15 kilos can be lost in 6 months. With the regular implementation of diet and exercise programs, a loss of 30-40 kilos can be expected.
• It is an important condition for the success of the treatment that the patients to whom the balloon will be applied are compatible. The patient should be willing and determined to change his eating habits and lifestyle.
Intragastric Balloon Application 5min Real Shot